Due to our continued expansion, Viamaster International Limited requires an experienced Senior Operator to join our freight forwarding team. Working alongside our Special Services Manager the role will focus on developing and strengthening our connections in Western, Central and Eastern Europe, with an active involvement in expanding our portfolio of full / part load capabilities and groupage services to our existing client base and prospective customers.
Position: Forwarding Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
- Obtaining freight rates and providing quotations
- Arranging international haulage and effective route planning
- Preparation of collection notes, booking confirmations, etc
- Customs formalities including processing export and import declarations, arranging customs clearance, and duty deferment processing
- Liaising with customers, partners, and carriers
- Client reporting and KPI’s
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a similar role
- A solid knowledge of the import and export market
- Confident and effective communications skills (verbal and electronic), with the ability to build relationships with customers
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
Full time, permanent role. Monday to Friday 8:30am-5pm with additional hours as and when necessary.
Salary and benefits negotiable depending on experience, additional benefits include bonus scheme and company pension.
For further details and to apply please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online
Posted 8 months ago