Position: Trainee Operator – International Road Freight & Customs
Reporting to: Export Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Trainee to join our operations team and take their first steps towards a future career in international freight forwarding.
- Creation of jobs in our freight system, and generation of paperwork including driver’s collection and delivery notes, international cargo manifests and cmr notes.
- Assisting in the arrangement of domestic and international transport with our own internal departments and with outside subcontractors.
- Transfer of shipment information to international partners across Europe
- Liaising with customers, partners, third party hauliers and agents via telephone and email
- Client reporting and KPI’s
- Various office tasks including filing, printing, etc.
- Assisting in customs formalities including processing export and import declarations, arranging customs clearance, and duty deferment processing
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Very good level of written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident and enthusiastic telephone manner
- Enthusiastic and not afraid to ask questions – there is a lot to learn!
- Must be smart and presentable
- Must be a good timekeeper (prompt and reliable)
Full time, permanent role. Monday to Friday 8:30am- 5pm, some additional hours may be necessary due to operational requirements.
Rate of pay
Trainee starting salary above National Minimum Wage, and reviewed periodically with good performance.
For further details and to apply please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online
Posted 3 months ago