We have a brand new vacancy for a Warehouse Operative to work at our new Morley site (LS27) in West Yorkshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced environment within a rapidly expanding company.
To complete vehicle loading and unloading for both domestic and international vehicles and various warehousing functions for both the transport and logistics operations, ensuring all tasks completed to the highest standards.
- To ensure that the cargo delivered is correct and located in the correct area of the warehouse.
- To ensure orders are processed, picked, labelled and scheduled in date sequence where appropriate, and in line with customer and transport needs.
- To correctly process and produce relevant paperwork and ensure loading and unloading warehouse requirements from customers and the Viamaster office team are fulfilled
- To pick, co-ordinate and assist material movement between warehouses
- To assist the team to meet the appropriate level of service to both internal and external customers
- To assist in managing difficulties or discrepancies relating to stock management –shortages, high stocks & low stocks.
- To follow all paperwork and verbal instructions, completing and maintaining accurate paperwork for internally and externally facing activities
- To follow instructions from the relevant Manager and/or Supervisor on a daily basis ensuring all requirements are met.
- To comply with any company systems such as time clocking procedures.
- To ensure that all activities are undertaken in a safe manner as defined by the standard operating procedures and the task and manual handling risk assessment, with safety always taking priority
- To ensure that any safety related issues identified are either resolved or escalated to the Warehouse Supervisor/Manager.
- To assist in housekeeping, such that at all times the warehouse and yards areas are clean & tidy.
Knowledge skills and experience required:
- Good organisational ability and able to prioritise work
- High level of health and safety awareness
- Ability to communicate effectively – in both written and verbal form to ensure information is timely and accurate
- Demonstrable experience in a warehouse/despatch environment
- Able to work to deadlines and tight timescales.
- Have commitment to good team-work and be a good team player
- A willingness to multi-skill and be flexible in approach
- Counterbalance & Narrow Aisle Articulated Forklift Trucks and hold a current RTITB accredited licence for both.
- Ideally you should have a good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Posted 2 years ago