We would like to advise our clients to take the following steps to be able to successfully trade with the EU post Brexit:
- Obtain an Economic Operators Registration and Identification (EORI) number. https://www.gov.uk/eori
- Complete and return our Direct Representative Authority document
- Download our Commercial Invoice Checklist in preparation for supplying more detailed information to us prior to shipment
- Find the correct commodity codes for the products you export, and check if the commodity codes for goods you import would mean they are liable for duty here
- Ensure that the Incoterms that you agree with your suppliers and/or clients are correct and that you understand your liabilities under those terms.
- Check the origin of your goods and the rules that are applicable.