Due to our continued expansion, Viamaster International Limited requires an experienced Operator to join our freight forwarding team.
The ideal candidate will have some customs experience however it is not mandatory, as full training will be given. The company is expanding its range of customs related services and the successful candidate will be an integral part of this initiative.
Position: Operator – International Road Freight & Customs
Reporting to: General Manager
- Obtaining freight rates and providing quotations
- Customs formalities including processing export and import declarations, arranging customs clearance, and duty deferment processing
- Arranging domestic and international transport
- Preparation of collection notes, booking confirmations, etc
- Liaising with customers, partners, third party hauliers and agents
- Client reporting and KPI’s
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within a similar role
- A solid knowledge of the import and export market
- Extensive working knowledge and experience of customs procedures and documentation
- Confident and effective communications skills (verbal and electronic), with the ability to build relationships with customers
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
Full time, permanent role. Monday to Friday 8:30am- 5pm, some additional unpaid hours may be necessary due to operational requirements.
Salary negotiable depending on experience, additional benefits include bonus scheme and company pension.
For further details and to apply please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online
Posted 10 months ago